This past Saturday we had our second of three orientations in preparation of our trip. We got to meet all of the inbounds from Brazil which was super cool. They taught us phrases and different culture things, dos and donts of the culture. We made plans to all meet again for coffee in a few weeks which everyone is looking forward to. It was more paperwork, what to expect and they talked about some of the trips you can do which all sounded amazing. Theres a couple I want to do, I have to work something out with my parents on which ones I want to do. One of the other outbound girls going to Brazil with me, is letting me use her Portuguese Rosetta Stone, which I could not be more physicked to start (shout out to you Bethany! :)
We wrapped up the last of our paperwork and they are sending it to Brazil this weekend to our Host Rotary clubs, so at our next orientation in April we will hopefully know our districts and then shortly after our cities and host family's. I cant wait to start shopping for gifts for my host family and everything. I also found out we might leave a few weeks earlier than expected, due to all the airline traffic world cup (My Brazilian Jersey should be coming in the mail soon!) They had originally said that they want us to leave as close to August first as possible, but now it may be a few weeks earlier. Attached below is the picture of me and all of the other in and out bounds from my district!
Beijos!

No comments:
Post a Comment