Friday, April 10, 2015

Update March - April



Bom dia gente! Good morning everyone!! 

I've been pretty busy these past few months ever since I got back from the northeast tour. (Which was incredible by the way!!) I'm not sure if I mentioned it in a previous post or not, but my northeast tour was over summer break; and I was supposed to start school just a couple weeks after I got back. But the entire country has been having massive protests demanding impeachment of the recently re-elected president Dilma; who was just elected to serve her second term his past September. For those who don't know, the Brazilian government is a literal 99% copy of the United States. (Check my "Elections" blog update.) The people are demanding impeachment because (in a simplified way) she drastically cut public teachers pay and public schools funding; in response we held massive protests, the second biggest in Brazil's history. From all of this, with the schools having no money, and teachers unhappy with their pay, the start of school was delayed. 

Now I'm back in school, and this upcoming Sunday is Easter! We don't have school the Friday before Easter either. It kind stinks because on the weekend I always go to Curitiba to see my other exchange student friends and this year especially I want to see them to celebrate my birthday (April 6th Monday)  but everyone is busy all weekend. :/ That's ok, I'll make th best of it. Next weekend too we have a big district wide Rotary event in Paranagua that I'll go to with all of the other exchange students  which is going to be super fun! :) 

Last week I moved to my third family the Liebls. Orlando, and Zhita, are the parents and Julio is my fourteen year old host brother. Apparently they have lots of kids who are grown and gone and I haven't met. It's pretty nice, I like it here but also very anxious to go to the fourth family in Curitiba as well. 

In other news I previously mentioned I would have a fourth family, that family actually fell through; but I was invited to stay with a family in the city if Curitiba which has been my dream all year. Hopefully (if it all works out) I'll be staying with them in the month of June. Also just so everyone is aware as of now my return flights are booked for July 1st.

In two weeks I leave for the incredible Amazon Adventure tour which I'm really looking forward to, ready my previous blog post about that! 

I'll update again when I get home from the trip!

Beijos,

Noah

1 comment: