Thursday, July 31, 2014

Arrived Safe and Sound (Barely)

Everything went fantastic until I got to Brasilia; it was wonderful and a lot more fun being able to travel with the other girls going to Brazil, I felt a lot more safe and the trip was a lot more interesting. We were all in the same situation had the same thoughts going to our head so it was easy to relate with each other about what was going on and what was happening. I arrived in Curitiba at 10:30 AM as planned. Things didn't go as perfectly as I would've liked, during my hour layover in Brasilia they lost all of my luggage, so I will not have it for about a week. Because I spent so much time looking for my lost luggage and trying to work it out with the airlines, I nearly missed my flight. A few tears and a rotary blazer can get you a lot in an airport, they let me bypass security, let me jump the line in customs and a flight attendant, a security guard and an air Marshall ran with me to my gate. After sprinting to my gates and seeing the doors already closed, I literally had to beg them to let me onto the plane, and thankfully they did. 
I got onto my tiny plane and headed to Curitiba. 

When I arrived there were about 35 people waiting for me at the gate,  all with posters, flowers, presents and smiles. All of my host families were there and the entire Piên Rotary club. It was an hour drive from Curitiba, to my city, and my host siblings practiced Portuguese with me the entire way home. 

Tchau, 

Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment